Saturday, April 18, 2009

Usk Outing

The cute little village of Usk, Wales


Some little black lambs at the castle.


These geese are beautiful, but they are also mean.
One attacked me, caught my skirt and would not let go or back off.
I certainly backed off and finally the goose let loose.
Cherie warned me that they are mean, but no - I didn't listen.


Usk Castle


Magnolias and Ruins


Wood Carved Geese by a Young Man at the Castle.
We talked with him and he told us about his carvings. 
He was wonderful, talented, handsome and very nice.

We ate lunch at a wonderful authentic British pub,
the Nag's Head Inn, and it was good.
Elder Cable had sausage, potatoes and steamed veggies.
I was going to have salmon, but instead had a toasted cheese sandwich. 
I know, I am boring.


Some of my favorite things to see are the sheep and lambs of Wales.


Gill Grant wanted us to meet her sister, Joy, and both of them wanted us to see more of the Wales they love so on Saturday the 11th of April they took us to Usk and then to the Brecon Beacons. Joy and Gillie are delightful and very kind and generous. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, there were a lot of people in the Beacons because it was Easter weekend, and it was so refreshing to be out in the pure air and the glorious sunshine.  

3 comments:

Melissa said...

grandma these pics are amazing but your SKIRT!!! HOW CUTE!!! I need one a those.

Melissa said...

it attacked your beautiful skirt! BAD DUCKY BAD!

Julie said...

I came to comment on your new skirt too. It's so cute! And the pictures are awesome, as usual. Wales is gorgeous!!