Saturday, September 26, 2009

Institute Begins Anew - Book of Mormon!

We had 46 come out to our opening Institute. That is about 16 more than normal. I'm sure we won't always have that many because so many came over from Swansea and won't be able to do that every week, but it was fabulous for our opening class. We have several new university students who have moved in and several YSA who have just become old enough to attend. It was a great night and Jess had some fun get-acquainted activities ready.

Friday was filled with really bad news from various friends and family. It made me so very sad. There are times when it is so frustrating to not be able to "be there" for someone so dear to you. I guess I will just have to count on being strengthened and refined through adversity.

1 comment:

Becky said...

The picture of the missionaries walking across the crosswalk almost looks like the Beatles! haha. When we lived in Tokyo, every pay day, I would ride the subway into town with Evan and we would meet Craig at Sizzler, which wasn't exactly American Sizzler, but given the choices, it tasted great. Your bus ride to Pizza Hut reminded me of that.