Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In Cardiff Without Internet

We are here, we are safe, we are busy. But we don't have Internet or email yet and it is making us feel very isolated. We finally walked through Whitchurch Village to the Cardiff Library and are using their computers. Driving is a total trauma. We spend most of our time lost, listening to our GPS tell us it is "recalculating" because we have taken a wrong turn. We can never figure out how to get off at the right place on the round-abouts.

The students are amazing and we already love them. We attend Family Home Evening with them every Monday at Student House by the University. We teach Institute to about 30 students every Tuesday. We will be inspecting missionary flats every Friday. We are speaking in sacrament meeting this coming Sunday. In addition, there are a lot of Christmas celebrations, dinner engagements, training sessions, YSA meetings and activities, a baptism this Saturday, dinner with a member this Sunday (our second dinner engagement), and we will celebrate Christmas with a nice dinner at Brother and Sister Parry's home and stay for their big family celebration. We truly enjoy the people.

I left the class rolls on the table when I left Institute last night and our S&I Coordinator called me "naughty" for doing so. He said, "You came all the way from America to lose the rolls! We could have had someone here do that." I don't think they are lost forever, but he certainly gave me a hard time. He is the greatest!

We love hearing from home. Shawna sent a card, Mom & Dad sent a card and a great gift, and Kim and her Young Women all made cards for us and a big paper Christmas tree with hand made decorations. We love it! It is hanging in our living room. Thanks. I will post photos when we I can use my own computer.

9 comments:

Shawna said...

It is so gooood to hear from you all and know that all is well. We were starting to worry. Sounds like they are kepting you busy and that you are happy. That is good as it will make the time go so much faster. We love and miss you!!!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

Yeah that you finally found a computer!! It's great to hear that you are safe and sound, and from all I have heard, doing great. It sounds like an awesome and fun challenge that will certainly keep you busy!!! I read Dad's email to Cherie and Chantel, and you letter to G-ma, so I think I have the skinny. Can't wait until you get an internet connection so I can see pictures. Everything here is really great--the Uriona/Bailey/Mott clan is excited to leave Saturday morning for sunny Mexico. Stay tuned for pictures of that adventure!

Love you!
Julie & Fam

marcella said...

It was so great to listen to you speak before you left and to see you again. We are so excited to keep up with your adventures in Wales. Much love and success to you. Marcy & Cecil

Carla Olsen said...

so fun to get a new update and glad you are well!

Cherie said...

Love hearing from you. Let us know as soon as you have a connection at home. A phone number would be nice too. Not that we would use it to very often but it would make us feel better to have it.xoxoxo

Nicole said...

Good to hear you made it there, I am excited for you and all of the wonderful experiences you are going to have!

Ruelinda said...

Elder Bearnson mentioned in his letter a couple of weeks ago that you were alive and well. I hope he helped you feel welcome! We are really waiting to hear more can't wait! It's fun to know your right there with my son, I love the driving saga We have heard it is crazy! Good Luck it can only get better! Are you Freezing, I hear it is so Cold? Well be watching for photos!
Ruelinda Bearnson, Providence, Ut

Katie Kerr Wrede said...

YOU lose something?? impossible! I am glad you busy...keeps things exciting. good to hear an update

em said...

YAY! Finally, a report from Wales! Sounds like you are having a very busy, yet wonderful time ALREADY! I love that you got called "naughty." I love the sense of humor over there and imagine you will fit in very well. Thanks for the update!!!!