Saturday, May 9, 2009

May Flowers & More Information

Bluebells are at their peak so it was a 
 real treat to go for a walk in the woods. 

The bluebells stretch on and on, blanketing the ground.



We have been studying intensely for our up-coming Institute lessons on the book of Revelation. Kaylee Hillier reminded me of the scripture discussions on BYU Radio on the Internet that are so valuable in gaining increased understanding of the scriptures. We have listened to those on Revelation over and over again and they have been especially helpful, which was intimidating to me, but now I find rather interesting. Instead of concentrating on the symbols and descriptions as literal manifestations, I can now look at them as poetry, manifesting truths and testifying of Christ, His kingdom and the plan of salvation.  As Andrew Skinner stated, "It [Revelation] is principally a book about Jesus Christ from beginning to end." And, "If the book of Revelation is anything it is a testimony of Jesus Christ." Victor Ludlow added that it teaches us that "Christ will be the victor over all things."  I think Bruce R. McConkie sums it up for me, "Each pronouncement in the holy scriptures . . . is so written as to reveal little or much, depending on the spiritual capacity of the student."  I have much to learn.  

David Beale added additional insights to the book of Revelation, and he is a master teacher so we learn as much on how to teach as we do on what to teach. Now if we could only implement what he teaches us.  

It was so nice to be able to meet Elder Sessions, now Aaron Sessions, and his parents. After Elder Sessions went home and was released from his mission he and his parents came back and toured London, Paris and now are in Wales to see some of the people Elder Sessions taught the gospel.  His parents are fun and interesting and he is so very nice.  

3 comments:

Julie said...

Fun update! The bluebells remind me of San Antonio. I love them!!

Do they celebrate Mother's Day in Wales? Just wondering. . . talk to you in the morning!!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

Happy Mothers Day!! I hope you had a great day and a wonderful weekend! Love you

Becky said...

The bluebells are beautiful (I live on Bluebell drive). I'm having trouble with blogger right now. When you upload your pictures how do you move them around. The drop and drag isn't working right now. I think I'm having a brain cramp. Any ideas?