Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mid-May Memories & Missisonaries

ENGLAND BIRMINGHAM MISSION MISSIONARIES
Full of Faith, Diligently Working, Obedient

Elder Bearnson, AP


Elders Wark and Walker in Swindon


I loved it when we inspected this missionary flat in Bridgend.
They have prayer mats beside their beds
so they can pray as long as they want to.


Elders Patterson & Bodily in Bridgend


Sisters Stillman, McGarvey and Mitte GQing at the bus stop
in front of the Church in Rwibina


Elders Wark, Larsen, Weeks and Moffet in Swindon


Elder Wright in Yate

Elders Wright and Israelsen in Yate


Elders Gerber and Wood in Cardiff

President Moffat - Last Companionship Standing
(Or how well do you know PMG?)


Elder Bearnson, Jack Kirby, Elders White and Brower

Elders Heller and Hickman in Blackwood Gwent


Elder Mackay in Newport
(and finally a spotless flat there)



It is hard to believe that we have already served one-third of our mission. We have had such incredible experiences and met so many amazing people who have enriched our lives. We only have one more Institute class to teach, then we start our summer program which will be much more relaxed (hopefully some will be at the beach) and they will be taught by the students themselves from April's Conference talks. I am so looking forward to it. Starting in September we will be studying the Book of Mormon and we are so excited. 

Keerqin Ji has returned to China, but she sent me an email in response to my promise, "Stay close to your Heavenly Father and you will be happy." She said, "I will always remember the promise I have made with Heavenly Father."  No finer words could have been said. We will miss her. 

Keerqin Ji and Sean (Chen Chen)

Zone Conference was an especially spiritual, motivating experience. The missionaries are so good and the feeling in the room was extra special. President Moffat, when speaking to them, said something I had not thought about before, "Right now, as you serve a mission, you are probably living the law of consecration as closely as you ever will in this life. You are out here for two years doing what the Lord would do if He were here." "Make it a celestial mission. There is no greater privilege than bearing testimony of Jesus Christ." He then went on to say, with great emotion, "There used to be things I wanted in life, but all I want now is for you missionaries to find people."   



6 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE this post. I wish there was a way to bookmark great posts...maybe I'll make that an option on my page....anyway, i hope you shared your incredible pictures with the missionaries. I'm sure their mothers would LOVE to see them. Love you!!

Julie said...

What fun pictures! They could (should) be in the Ensign about missionary work. Just looking at them is inspiring!!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

BJ Brower is a good friend of mine from wx! Thats incredible. What a small world. Tell him I say hi.

Emily Bailey

Lauren Elizabeth said...

Why yes that is him!! Crazy small world...two missionaries that me and emily know! I love it

Lauren Elizabeth

Larsen said...

I love the pictures - especially the one with my son, Elder Larsen, in it! Thank you for posting it - what a great gift today! I asked him if he knew you and in his email he said, "I love the Cables! They bring us treats every time they come!" Thank you for taking such good care of him.
Becky Larsen

Annette I. said...

thanks for keeping up a blogspot and for letting me see the cute picture of my Elder Israelsen.

What a great mission you have been called to serve. Institue would be so much fun. I wish you all the best in your continued endeavors!
Annette Israelsen