Friday, November 21, 2008

MTC - Day Five





Today was the best day for us as far as our teaching goes.  We had a "new convert" to teach the "Gospel of Jesus Christ" or in other words, faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end with a little Family History thrown in.  Our "new convert" was wonderful and it was so much fun teaching her.  The Spirit is so strong when we are teaching and testifying, even if it is in a role play.  

The teachers here are amazing and now that they know us a little better things have become a bit more relaxed and we are having a fun time with them.  They just have to get us back on track once in awhile. I can't remember when I have been surrounded by so many pure souls. When they tell us, as Brother Depperman did today, "If you work and believe in miracles they will happen," I can't help but believe him.  These teachers are so young, yet so wise. He reminded us to, "Be a missionary every day all day - in fact, be a full-time missionary."  They have given us a brighter and a broader view of what our responsibilities will be. I thought we would just be going out and working with Young Adults and the youth in the Church Education System. Now I feel that we should be doing much more, being "anxiously engaged".  We have been reminded over and over again that when you meet someone who is interested in the Gospel, do not look for the missionaries - "You are the missionaries."  I knew I was going on a mission, but I didn't think of myself as being a missionary. But they also told us, "Where much is given, much is expected. But where much is expected, much is given." I hope we can do this right.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Mom & Dad: I love reading your comments and contemplating your experiences. I guess it means so much to me because it takes me right back to my conversion and the overwhelming strength of the Spirit that dwelt within those who taught me and prayed for me and put me on the path of conversion. I'm excited to hear of your commitment and your growing enthusiasm!
And thanks for the pictures - they are SOOO kewl!!
And by the way - - nice shades, Dad!! Glad they got there okay!
Love you both.

Shawna said...

Sounds like you have caught the missionary spirt.

Katie Kerr Wrede said...

I love reading about your MTC experience!!! It is such a magical place there! Sounds like you have the right attitude to enjoy it! Keep telling us stuff!!!

Julie said...

This is so awesome. Thank you for letting us all share in the great experiences you are having!