Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MTC



We are here!  Just like everyone says, it is an amazing experience.  It has changed my perspective of what our purpose is as CES missionaries.  I had put the emphasis on the CES part and had not completely realized that we are missionaries so very much like other missionaries.  It has been a learning, growing and humbling experience.  

The highlight has been the devotional last night.  Elder Jeffrey R. and Sister Patricia Holland were the speakers.  They never let the missionaries know who it will be until they arrive.  It was a thrill to see them come in and the talks were outstanding.  The singing of "Called to Serve" with all those missionaries was thrilling.  Such power and conviction! I love seeing the missionaries and we are encouraged to interact with them.  Today 586 new missionaries are coming in.  They doubled up this week because they aren't having any missionaries come in next week because of Thanksgiving.  

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I am so glad that you guys are having this experience. It sounds amazing. It is neat that we can keep in touch this way. Maybe you won't feel so faraway. All is well here atleast the kids are still alive.

Dave said...

Sounds as tho' you are settling in just fine! Good to hear that your experience is already so uplifting and edifying. I am so happy for you both!
Just to let you know, Dad, your sunglasses went in the mail today - you should have them tomorrow, or Friday at the latest. Let me know if you got them in one piece!
Thanks for all you have done for me and my family. We love you.

Julie said...

Fun!!! I'm so glad you had a minute to blog! I LOVE the pictures. You guys look so good, and there is nothing like seeing a group of young elders and sisters. You really can see the happiness in their eyes and feel the energy. I can only imagine how great it must be to be in the MTC!

Love you.

amcibn said...

How fun that we get to see these pictures - you look so happy and excited! I hope you are enjoying the time at the MTC. Are you getting enough sleep and good food (I say this perhaps because I am not getting enough sleep or good food working graveyards). Keep in touch!