Thursday, January 15, 2009

Second Week of January 2009

Now that we have learned to find our way around a little better, we actually love inspecting the flats for the missionaries. They are always so kind, fun and impressive. It is great to see good missionaries doing what they are supposed to be doing. Elders Hepworth and Hansen are the very cleanest missionaries ever! Elder Hansen is from Sweden and he insists on cleanliness and order. He is a cute, fun missionary and he showed me a long scrapbook type card that "a friend" had sent him for Christmas. He was so pleased. I said, "I can't believe he would spend that kind of time on the card. He smiled but didn't admit he had a girlfriend.

The Stake Seminary meetings are great. It is a real privilege to watch David Beale teach and it is fun to watch the response from the students. He divided the glass into groups of three or four and gave each an "adventure" scripture reference from Acts, had them read the scriptures and then draw what happened on a white board. Then one from each group came to the front and explained their picture and what happened in the scripture. The students absolutely loved it. He has such a great way with people.


Wayne absolutely loves his new suit and I think he looks good in it. Notice the name of the Church in Welsh. I am so sad about losing Liyang. He is brilliant and so very nice. The Chinese students all have chosen an English name to make it easier for people. Liyang Zhou goes by Alex, but just among the YSA. He is Liyang in our ward. Chen Chen goes by Sean. Keerqin goes by Betty. She is being baptized Saturday and has been dating Sean. They are so very quiet it is hard to get to know them well. I will be speaking at her baptism.

It is such a privilege to teach about the Savior's life and atonement. I had several very spiritually moving experiences while preparing for the lesson, but then the lesson did not go well. I don't know exactly why but I was, and am, very discouraged. I want so much to reach these young people and to make a real difference in their lives. When it does not flow, does not go well, you can't get good responses to questions it is very disappointing. I will keep trying.

I have actually done my "365 Day Challenge" for fourteen days. Only 351 to go. I think that is the longest I have ever kept a New Year's resolution, but I am also still trying to "do better". 

3 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a busy and productive week! Dad's new suit does look nice.

P.S. I did my photo review in Memory Mixer. They are also my calendar pages for my 2009 calendar. Pretty slick!!

Becky said...

Cute posts. Are you making them in Adobe then saving them as a jpeg? I want to copy (I'm not ashamed to admit it). We sure think Katelyn is cute!

Claudine Cable said...

Hi Becky, I did them in Memory Mixer - a program I adore - then saved them as a JPEG. I got the 365 Day Challenge templates from twopeasinabucket.com and am looking forward to more each month. It certainly makes doing this go faster and that's what I am all about right now. And I'm thrilled you would want to copy because I think you are one of the best scrapbooker/bloggers ever. Yes, and we certainly think Katelyn is cute too and she is such a good girl. And I am sure I'm not biased.